UCP Ministry Teams and Volunteering
We Shepherd UCP through our commitment and covenant to live consciously in such a way that we are helping the earth with our respect for the web of all life, and for our way of living in such a way as to leave the smallest negative impact possible on climate, food, cleanness, and care for all beings.
- Participate in our Adopt-a-Hwy quarterly roadside clean-up - Contact: Mark Smith at
- Be an active supporter of UCP's recycling and composting initiatives by educating members and guests of our EarthCare policies
- Help maintain and support the organic use of cleaning products and pest control for UCP
- Adapt a no-harm attitude to all living creatures inside and outside the UCP building and ground
- Lead activities aiming to protect the climate, environment, and all living beings.
- Assist the Earthcare team to plan, carry out and achieve goals for obtaining UCP’s ongoing certification.
- Help the Earthcare team by networking with other environmental groups in our local community.
- Support the Earthcare team by communicating with Unity Worldwide’s Earthcare Program about our participation in the program.
- Help with Earthcare focused Outreach activities.
We awaken to both our highest spiritual selves and to the current experience of the world around us. From an awareness of Oneness, we put into practice our highest values of love and service. We therefore approach social justice, human ritghts and earth rights as a spiritual practice as we endeavor to help create a world that works for everyone.
- Practice and awareness about social justice issues through the lens of Sacred Activism (growth through education, service, and spirit.)
- Communicate with each other and our community, while creating opportunities to connect and learn from each other about social justice issues.
- Take loving action in response to the group’s Spiritual guidance.
- Consciously hold all people, places and situations in prayer and intention.
- Participate in Living Room Conversation discussions and other Sacred Activism events
SACRED ACTIVISM webpage
Hospitality and Welcoming
We embrace our community and our visitors with genuine caring in a warm and welcoming space. We assure that our guests feel appreciated and supported in getting involved in UCP.
- After Service Fellowship (Kitchen Wizards)
- Serve as a Sunday greeter
- Provide food for after service on Sundays
- Set up food for service
- Help in the kitchen after service
- Help organize potlucks and social activities
- Be a friendly ambassador for UCP!
We support both adults and children in deepening their experience of the Divine Truth within and in awakening to their power as expressions of Spirit.
- YFM teachers
- Spiritual Education and Enrichment (SEE) Course planning
- Pathways to CommUnity Classes
- Discussion groups
- Small group development
Assist in any of the following programs:
- Sunday morning forum
- Pathways to CommUnity (new member classes)
- Spiritual Education and Enrichment classes
- Other Spiritual Classes
Younger Peeps (Teens, Pre-teens, Youth, Children)
- Volunteer with the children on Sunday morning
- Forums and discussions
- Youth Leadership development
- Activities for fun and bonding
- Community outreach locally and elsewhere
- Movie and Discussion Night activities
We seek out and engage lovingly in care and enrichment for members of both our local and more distant communities with compassion embodied in action, knowing that such partnering expands ourward and makes a profound difference in our lives and in our world.
- Service events
- Global initiatives
- Support local initiatives
Collect donations at UCP, such as:
- Warm clothing and blankets
- School supplies
- Personal care items
- Deliver donated items to local groups
- Volunteer at local outreach centers including diaper and food banks, shelters, the Rogers-Eubanks Neighborhood Association, and others
- Help organize and participate in community events, such as the CROP Walk
- Promote UCP’s program for full employment
- Suggest projects to support local and distant community (such as Kiva micro-loans)
- Collaborate with local ministers and Interfaith Council to assist with larger community projects
Services and Events
We engage the community in creative Celebration Services with compelling music and experiences of Oneness. We plan captivating special events that invite life-changing encounters with Spirit.
Planning and coordination of:
- Sunday services
- Special Events
- Sanctuary set up
- Setup sanctuary and platform before services
- Set up chairs
- Provide flowers
- Keep seatbacks stocked
- Work with Co-Ministers or Music Coordinator to plan for and assist at special services or concerts
We express caring and compassion for members of our spiritual family through prayer and practical service.
- Pastoral Care (Minister)
- Prayer Team
- We've Got Your Back Team
- Prayer support (training provided)
- Provide food, transportation, friendly visits to housebound congregants
We joyously channel our divine, abundant resources to increase our community’s financial well-being, and we encourage the growth of UCP’s membership base. Our abundance allows us to spread our Vision and Mission deeply and broadly.
- Fundraising opportunities
- Fundraising events
- Membership Development
- Giving opportunities
Previous events have included
- Run 4 Peace, Silent Auctions, Concerts, Yard Sales, and Flower Power
- New ideas welcome
- Events, merchandise sales, UCP bumper stickers, classes/workshops offered outside UCP?
- Help create a legacy giving program?
- Organize fun events that foster community cohesiveness
- Annual picnic at Jordan lake
- Quarterly Sunday potlucks
- Halloween party (coordinated by Youth Ministry)
- New ideas are welcome
- Dance parties, wellness events, movie nights, dinners at private homes (Love Feasts)
- Help organize, promote or volunteer in any one of many opportunities for our annual fundraiser
- Help with social media and advertising to reach and maintain visitors
- Partner with outside organizations
- Help with PR and/or promotional materials
Building and Grounds
We collaborate together and with others to provide guidance and support for improving, maintaining and enhancing the beauty, upkeep and functionality of our physical environment.
Groups / Functions
- Outdoor Sacred Spaces
- Assist in care of building interior and exterior
- Help maintain grounds, parking lot, gardens
- Mowing and weeding
- Provide upkeep for outdoor sacred spaces
- Organize and promote congregational workdays
- Ensure that winter clean-ups and clearing occur as necessary
- Assist with art exhibits and artist reception