Unity Center of Peace honors every individuals choice around vaccinations. However, our Board and staff are obligated to provide a safe space for everyone to gather regardless of vaccination status. We are making the best decisions with the current information we have. In adherence to this, here are our UCP regulations at this time.
As NC COVID-19 case counts decrease and more people are vaccinated, we will begin having our 11am Sunday Celebration Service indoors and in-person, beginning May 30! We will continue to wear our masks indoors and greet each other with elbow bumps and Namaste gestures. For now, to be safe, no hand-holding or hugging yet.
Masks can be taken off once outside unless you're socializing up close, and observance of social distancing still applies with masks off, unless you and your friends are known to be fully vaccinated. If you enter the building you must wear a mask.
Our Facebook Live Sunday Service will still be offered at 10am ET each Sunday.
AFTER SERVICE FELLOWSHIP WILL BE OUTDOORS. We look forward to seeing you at one or both events and enjoying in-person fellowship, OUTDOORS, after the 11am service.
We're not quite ready to provide food and coffee for our in-person social hour. Our kitchen remains closed on for fellowship.
Our bathrooms are small. Only 1 person at a time please.
We have provided a sign on the outside of each bathroom door for you to FLIP to OCCUPIED when you go in and then, FLIP back to AVAILABLE when you leave.
INDOOR EVENTS AND RENTALS
- As of July about 43% of North Carolinians are fully vaccinated. Because of this masks will still be required indoors at Unity Center of Peace (vaccinated or not) but are no longer mandated outdoors.
- Masks are still strongly recommended outdoors by NC DHHS in crowded areas and higher risk settings where social distancing is difficult and there is a mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.
- Our sanctuary holds up to 75 people comfortably and this is UCP's capacity restriction for all sanctuary events.
- We now have HEPA/UV light air purifiers in our sanctuary. The air purifiers work best when all doors and windows are closed. Please keep sanctuary doors and windows closed at all times during your event. Also, we appreciate that you leave the air purifiers on even after your event is over and make sure the doors to the sanctuary are closed as you exit.
- There will be some exceptions where a group of fully vaccinated people will want to gather in the sanctuary. Masks may not be required in this scenario. Unity Center of Peace honors every individuals choice around vaccinations. Because every individual who attends UCP are not vaccinated, we ask that both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals wear their masks as they travel throughout the rest of the building (outside of your event location).
Currently we are not using our dishes or silverware. If you use the kitchen during your rental, please bring your own recyclable/compostable paper products. Plasticwear is strongly discouraged as we are an Earthcare friendly community. Compostable utinsils are acceptable.